'Support is always available when you study in the UK. If you are having trouble getting used to the UK education system or you need some help with your UK course or degree – you only have to ask. Counsellors and academic staff at your university will be happy to help. '
Many UK universities and colleges have specialist international advisers to support you throughout your UK education. They provide advice and information on almost anything, from accommodation to extending your permission to stay in the UK.
You can also take part in an orientation or induction program organized by your UK institution. These last from a couple of days to a week and usually include:
• a tour of the campus
• an overview of the facilities and how to use them
• explanations of the institution’s rules
• help with registering for your UK course
• an outline of teaching methods
• discussion of important aspects of life in the UK
• social events where you can meet staff and other students.