'It’s easy to enter. Simply write a letter ‘home’ telling a family member, teacher or friend about your time in the UK, and how it has challenged and excited you. '
The competition is open to all international students aged 15 or over, studying at an eligible institution on a full-time course of study lasting for a minimum of six months.
- they must be studying at an eligible UK institution
- they must be following a full-time course of study and be on a course lasting a minimum of six months
- they must be aged 15 years or over by the competition closing date of 19 January 2011
- they must be nationals and citizens of a country outside the UK, and ordinarily live outside the UK
- boarding school students must be full-time boarders aged 15 years or over.
- A publicly funded UK higher and further education institution, or a private institution that has been appropriately quality assured.
- A UK independent secondary boarding school that is accredited through the Independent Schools Council (ISC) or the Scottish Council for Independent Schools (SCIS) and STABIS (State Boarding Schools Information Service) schools.
- An Independent UK college of further education that is accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC) and offering courses with UK quality assurance.
- A UK institution with Open University validation (all courses).
- An English language and teaching institution that is accredited by the British Council through the English in Britain Accreditation Scheme.